DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. – (June 5, 2018) – Halifax Health recently recognized top employees at its 2018 Team Member Recognition Banquet held on May 25 at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach. During the event, Daytona Beach resident Jesse Edwards, a charge security officer for the Safety and Security Department, was named Halifax Health Team Member of the Year for 2018.
A Halifax Health employee since 2007, Edwards is responsible for maintaining the safety and security of Halifax Health Medical Center of Port Orange and Halifax Health - Hospice Port Orange Care Center.
Along with the honor of being voted Team Member of the Year by his co-workers, Edwards was awarded with check presentations from Halifax Health-Auxiliary, Halifax Health-Office of the Medical Staff and Halifax Health-Associates.
Other Halifax Health employees recognized include:
- 2018 In-Patient Quality Caregiver of the Year – Angela Wright, CNA, Center for Women and Infant Health
- 2018 Out-Patient Quality Caregiver of the Year – Jena Bumb, Supervisor, Laboratory Services
- 2018 Allied Health Caregiver of the Year – Janice Frazier, Special Procedure Tech, Environmental Services
- 2018 TOWER Winner of the Year – James Brown, Nuclear Medicine Tech, Radiology Services
- 2018 Nurse of Excellence – Lisa Wycuff, LPN Advanced, Halifax Health - Hospice West Volusia Care Center
- 2018 Rookie Nurse of Excellence – LaPortia Barrows, RN, Center for Women and Infant Health
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, freestanding emergency department, an urgent care, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with five outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, a pediatric care community clinic, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.