DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. – (June 14, 2017) – Halifax Health recently recognized top employees at its 2017 Team Member Recognition Banquet. During the event, Don Walls, a licensed practical nurse in Halifax Health’s Employee Health Department, was named Halifax Health Team Member of the Year for 2017.
A Daytona Beach resident, Walls has been a Halifax Health employee since 2002. His job responsibilities include performing new hire intake evaluations, billing, and overseeing the Occupational Exposure Program. He also performs tuberculosis testing and various vaccinations to ensure that employees are up-to-date with annual and regulatory requirements.
Along with the honor of being voted Team Member of the Year by his co-workers, Walls was awarded with check presentations from Halifax Health-Auxiliary, Halifax Health-Office of the Medical Staff and Halifax Health-Associates.
Other Halifax Health employees recognized include:
- 2017 TOWER Award Winners: Sandra Dillard, Maurice Wiley, Robert Hill(Laundry & Linen Services)
- 2017 Inpatient Quality Caregiver of the Year: Kaley McCarthy, RN (Center for Urology)
- 2017 Allied Health Caregiver of the Year: Stephen Davis(Information Technology)
- 2017 Outpatient Quality Caregiver of the Year: Constance Jenkins(Laboratory Services)
- 2017 Nurse of Excellence: Pepper Burns, RN(Halifax Health – Hospice)
- 2017 Nurse of Excellence Rookie of the Year: Kelsey Gaffka, RN(Labor & Delivery)
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, freestanding emergency department, an urgent care, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, a pediatric care community clinic, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.