DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. – (January 11, 2019) – U.S. News & World Report has ranked a program created by Health Management Resources (HMR) and offered by Halifax Health – Lighter Lifestyles Weight Management Program as the No.1 Best Fast Weight-Loss Diet for 2019, out of 41 diets evaluated. This is the fourth consecutive year that HMR’s intensive diet and lifestyle-change program has held the first place position. Now available as a digital plan, people have the option to lose weight in person, or on their own with the support of a free HMR mobile app.
Why Fast Weight Loss Works
According to Joy Midkiff, program dietitian for Halifax Health, it all comes down to motivation. “Losing weight quickly is incredibly motivating. People stick with their diet longer, which is especially important if you have a lot of weight to lose. Many of our clients have 30, 40, sometimes 100 or more pounds to lose, so fast weight loss is important to keep up momentum.” She adds, “It’s a common misconception that fast weight loss isn’t healthy or sustainable, and that it will lead to weight regain. Studies have shown that following a lifestyle-change program that promotes fast initial weight loss is associated with better long-term success.”
How the Program Works
For 35 years, the HMR Program has been offered with in-person support and medical supervision at hospitals and medical facilities across the U.S. Based on the principles of behavioral science, the program includes:
- Use of HMR foods (and fruits and vegetables) to take a break from current eating habits
- Lifestyle education to learn how to make healthier food choices and increase physical activity over the long term
- Coaching for extra support and accountability
- Maintenance phase when HMR foods are tapered off, and emphasis is on lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables for a long-term healthy eating plan
- Clinic results (in-person): Average weight loss for the Decision-Free® plan is 43-66 lbs. and 28-37.5 lbs. for the Healthy Solutions® plan, based on research studies conducted in people who completed between 12-26 weeks.
- At-home results: Average weight loss for the Healthy Solutions at Home® program with phone coaching is 23 lbs. at 12 weeks and 28 lbs. at 26 weeks for those who completed the program. (This is also available as a digital plan without phone support.)
For additional health and dieting strategies, contact the lifestyle/weight‐loss experts at the HMR Program for Weight Management™ at Halifax Health – Lighter Lifestyles at 386.425.4031.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, freestanding emergency department, an urgent care, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with five outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, a pediatric care community clinic, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born earlier than 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.