Halifax Health recently recognized top employees at its 2016 Team Member Recognition Banquet. During the event, Simmie Perry, a supply chain distribution services technician, was named Halifax Health Team Member of the Year for 2016.
A Daytona Beach resident, Perry has been a Halifax Health employee since 1990. As a supply chain distribution services technician, he is responsible for the timely distribution of medical supplies and equipment throughout the organization.
Along with the honor of being voted Team Member of the Year by his co-workers, Perry was awarded with check presentations from Halifax Health-Auxiliary, Halifax Health-Office of the Medical Staff and Halifax Health-Associates.
Other Halifax Health employees recognized include:
- 2016 TOWER Award Winner: Chris Ewart, Respiratory Therapy
- 2016 Inpatient Quality Caregiver of the Year: Maggie Gavilanes, RN, Oncology
- 2016 Allied Health Caregiver of the Year: Joe Green, Information Technology
- 2016 Outpatient Quality Caregiver of the Year: Janet Jackson, Laboratory Services
- 2016 Nurse of Excellence: Nicole Smith, RN, Oncology
- 2016 Nurse of Excellence Rookie of the Year: Amber McLaughlin, RN, Orthopedics
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves East Central Florida, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services and OB Emergency Department. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.