(January 9, 2017) – Halifax Health is proud to announce the schedule for the 2017 Live Your Life Well Race Series hosted in partnership with the Volusia Flagler Family YMCA. The race series consists of 18 distinct events that will take place throughout 2017.
For the third consecutive year, Halifax Health and Volusia Flagler YMCA have partnered to host the Live Your Life Well Race Series with the goal of playing a continuing role in the improvement of the overall health and wellness of Volusia and Flagler county residents. The 2017 Live Your Life Well Race Series features the following races:
- January 21: Port Orange LIVESTRONG at the YMCA 5K, Port Orange
- March 25: The Tomoka Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K, Ormond Beach
- April 22: Southeast Volusia Family YMCA 5K, New Smyrna Beach
- May 7: DeLand YMCA Family Fit Fest Triathlon & 5K, DeLand
- June 24: Ormond Beach YMCA Triathlon, Ormond Beach
- July 1: Team RWB Eagle Charge 7 & 4 Miler & Virtual Run, Ormond Beach
- July 22: Port Orange Family YMCA Sprint Triathlon, Port Orange
- September 2: Colorific 5K, Daytona Beach
- September 9: Halifax Health - Hospice 5K, Port Orange
- September 16: Tomoka Century Ride, Ormond Beach
- September 23: DeLand/Four Townes YMCA Kids’ Triathlon, DeLand
- September 30: Run For Success 5K at LPGA International, Daytona Beach
- October 7: Camp Winona Mud Fest, DeLeon Springs
- November 2: Corporate 5K, Daytona Beach
- November 12: Deltona Honor & Remember 5K Run/Walk, Deltona
- December 2: Ormond Beach YMCA 5K and 10K, Ormond Beach
- December 9: Bulow Woods Trail Run and Ultra Marathon, Ormond Beach
- December 23: Holiday Bridge Challenge 5K, Ormond Beach
To sign up for any of these races, or for additional information, visit LYLWseries.com.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.