Center for Advanced Wound Healing
Wound Care & Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Approximately six million Americans, especially those suffering from diabetes, have wounds that won't heal, or fail to improve in a timely manner. Non-healing wounds cause pain, suffering and often loss of function. Wounds when treated by a team specializing in wound care heal faster and the cost of care is reduced. Halifax Health – Center for Advanced Wound Healing offers a structured, multi-disciplinary approach from a team of experienced physicians, registered nurses, and technicians. We work with your primary care physician to identify and manage underlying medical conditions that contribute to non-healing wounds through thorough assessments, ongoing evaluations and patient education.
Non-healing wounds may be caused by:
- A wound that has not improved after one month
- A leg or foot ulcer resulting from poor circulation
- A non-healing incision or injury
- A sore caused by sustained pressure
- Diabetic nerve damage with a wound
Treatment Modalities Available
- Patient and wound assessment
- Measurement and photographic documentation
- Initial and ongoing reports to primary care physician
- Debridement to aid in the removal of infected, damaged or dead tissue by surgical or alternative means
- Laboratory and vascular evaluation
- Advanced biological grafts
- Advanced wound dressings
- Prosthetic and pressure relief assistance
- Wound VAC
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Arterial ulcers
- Diabetic and neuropathic ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Problem surgical wounds
- Trauma wounds
Call 386.254.4267 to schedule an appointment.
Learn more about the services offered by Halifax Health - Center for Advanced Wound Care. Call 386.254.4267.
A physician referral is not required.